1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote code issue

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jmeitz, Apr 6, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jmeitz

jmeitz Cool Member

Dec 6, 2006
    Just got a new 722k from a 622. No issues with my Sony tv with the 622 remote but the 722k remote when i hit the source button only does channel, video 3 and PC vs. what my other remote 622 and dvd remote does. The other remotes do Component to HDMI. Some reason and i have tried all the codes it will not pick up switching to the component and HDMI? any suggestions? the tv is a sony xbr7 lcd.

2. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Just do the learn function. It works great.

3. jmeitz

jmeitz Cool Member

Dec 6, 2006
    tried doing that and it looks as if the codes are full? everytime i try to put a code in it flashes 3 times saying its full or doesnt accept for some reason. any idea on how to erase the codes on the remote?

4. thomasjk

thomasjk Legend

Jan 10, 2006
  5. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    Put the code in for the item then save it. Then hold the mode button down again until the mode blinks. Press recall, then hold record until the light comes back on. Press and release the button you want to learn the hold your other remote facing the small window on the side of the dish remote and press the button you want to teach it. It should blink. Then when done press any mode button to save it. Kind of hard to say on here but its in the dish owners manual too.

6. jmeitz

jmeitz Cool Member

Dec 6, 2006
    thanks, i got it. my issue was that i was doing the recall after i put the code in. I needed to do as the last post suggested. thanks again.

7. saberfly

saberfly Legend

Apr 4, 2010
    I did the same thing before.