1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control and on/off sync

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by rasheed, Aug 15, 2011.

1. rasheed

rasheed Godfather

Sep 12, 2005
    Hello,

I have a 722 with 5.3 IR remote. I just replaced my old audio receiver for a new one, but I am having some trouble with the codes.

Before, I could push the SAT button on the Dish Remote and turn-on both my audio and Dish box ('select'). Now, I have to push the AUX key, then push power to turn on the audio receiver and separately push SAT to turn on the Dish box. How do I get the combo to work again?

Also, could I push the power button while in SAT mode and turn-off both the receiver and standby the Dish box (assuming same on/off code for audio receiver)? How do I get that working for my new box like before?

I got the volume control working across all modes, but some of these more interesting options..not sure.

The manual does not seem to have support for these cases.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/downloads/user-guides/remotes/5.4_RC_UserGuide.pdf

Thanks,
    Rasheed

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    For the remote to operate both components, receiver and your audio receiver, the same signal would have to be used. The DISH receiver works on IR (remote addressed to the receiver via the SAT button). Any of the other buttons are programmed completely differently than the DISH receiver (the other buttons are programmed like the remote to the TV). I don't see how they could both be working together on the SAT button. I don't know how it was programmed to work that way, sorry. Thanks.