1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote control code

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by heisman, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    I can not find a remote code for the vip622 in my tv's manual. My VIP remote can control my tv, but not vice versa. I own a Pioneer 5070. Does anyone know the code, or how I can go about finding it? Thank you.

2. farleyville

farleyville AllStar

Jan 8, 2007
    I much prefer the vip remote to my TV's remote. the only function on the TV remote I use is power, now that it is calibrated... you may try the avs forum and search for a thread on your particular TV... I know my Sony came with remote codes in the manual for Dish Network DVR boxes... It works a few of the functions, up down, change channells, etc.. but none of the DVR functions... so dont expect too much even if you do find a code.

3. DP1

DP1 Godfather

Sep 15, 2002
    Not sure if it's what you're looking for but on my universal remote, code 0775 is what works for the 622.

4. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    My 5070 manual has 1505, 1005, 0775, 1170, 1775 as the codes for dishnet. This could possibly be a case of user error. :)

Nope, can't get 0775 to work either.

5. DP1

DP1 Godfather

Sep 15, 2002
    Hmm thats kind of weird.. it wont even control the basic functions?

One thing you could check is your System Info screen.. 6-1-3. Then look near the bottom of the screen where it says "Rem Addr". That, for the sake of that code working, needs to be set to 1.. which is the default. If it reads something else that code wont work.

6. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    It says 5, how do I change it to 1? This is very intriguing.

7. CABill

CABill Hall Of Fame

Mar 20, 2005
    While you are looking at the screen that displays the 5, hit the Record button on the remote configured as 0775 and see if the address changes to 1. Or, on the DISH remote that does work, push and hold Sat for 5 seconds (other devices light), push 1, then #, and get three blinks of the Sat light. DISH remote is now address one. Push its Record button while at the Info screen and the remote address should also change to the new address.

TV1 can't be a 1 if you happen to have changed TV2 to be a 1.

8. heisman

heisman Icon

Feb 11, 2007
    You guys are geniuses! I'm not worthy. Where in sam hell is an average joe like me supposed to find info like that? TV2 still says 5, that's ok right? Thanks again, that just changed my entire viewing experience. I can now use just one remote.

9. Mar 1, 2007 #9 of 10
    farleyville

farleyville AllStar

Jan 8, 2007
    The Power of the Internet... im impressed.

10. DP1

DP1 Godfather

Sep 15, 2002
    I just assumed all boxes were set to 1 from the factory (because if they werent it would cause this problem much more often when somebody went to use a universal remote) and only got changed if an end user did it for one reason or another. Like if they had 2 boxes in the same room but needed them to respond independently.

So either they dont all come set to 1 or this box is like a refurb where it had been changed by a previous owner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.