1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote from BR controlling LR receiver

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by carillon, Dec 24, 2010.

1. carillon

carillon Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    I have an HR24-500 in the LR and a H24-100 in the MBR. Problem is the remote in the MBR will change the channel on the receiver in the LR when someone in the MBR channel up/down or enters a channel number directly. Both of these remotes are set for IR.

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? I can't change the receiver locations so the line of sight from the MBR to the LR from remote to receivers isn't going to change.

Thanks

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    You could either change the IR code in one of the rooms or change one of them to RF (HD DVRs typically come with a RF-capable remote). When using RF you need to enter the last six digits of the receiver ID during setup, so it is linked to a specific receiver.

3. carillon

carillon Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks Bob, I would prefer to keep them both set to IR. So I'm looking for how to change the IR code. I didn't see it in the Remote Setup under Setup. Thanks

4. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You can go into the Setup Menu and look at the Configuration Setup for each DVR and Page Down until you see the Settings for the Remote and it will tell you if it is set to IR or RF. Select MENU, then Parentals, Favs & Setup, then System Setup, then Select Info & Test at the top of the Screen and then Select More System Info. Page Down Twice and look under Remote Control for Remote Type and it should state either RF or IR!!!

It sounds like it is set to RF because normally IR will not work that far off.

5. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    Close the bedroom door.

6. carillon

carillon Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks for the reply...

Okay, I just checked the MBR setup and the remote is set to IR. There is an unobstructed line of site from the MBR to the LR receiver when using the remote in the MBR.

7. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    You can set one Remote to a Zero Code and one with a One Code and then first one sends out a "00" code before the IR Command and the second one will send out a "01" code followed by the IR Command.

Therefore the two will not work against each other. It is in the Remote Setup Area of the Initial Setup.

Edmund the Remote Master can tell you exactly what to do if you PM him as "EDMUND". He is the Ultimate Remote Master here at DBSTALK.COM.

Here is a Link to his Profile Info. http://www.dbstalk.com/member.php?u=2603

8. carillon

carillon Legend

Nov 14, 2007
    Thanks so much... I will send him a message.