1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote never plays where I press play in fast forward

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by rschmitty, May 11, 2012.

1. rschmitty

rschmitty New Member

May 30, 2009
    I tried searching but could not find anything (could be I'm not sure what to search for...)

Anywho, is there a way to have the DVR play where you tell it to play? If I'm in 3x or 4x FF I find myself having to go past the point I want to start play from.

Or if I try to play as soon as I see my show come back, it warps me back like a minute and I have to fast forward again.

Are they trying to compensate for slow old people with reaction times on the level that merit having their drivers licensed banned?

2. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    Almost all DVR's have auto-correction although the degree varies (even among D* DVR's).

You'll soon get used to it and be able to stop your shows exactly where you want.

3. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    +1.

I find that using 3x makes it easy to judge when to hit play with just a bit of practice.

4. rschmitty

rschmitty New Member

May 30, 2009
    Oh I'm used to it alright. It's just that most shows go to commercial leaving you on a cliffhanger, and the "go past so you can stop earlier" ruins some things

For example when I had to work Sunday during football season and played it on DVR when I get home you can see a busted play happen before it happens

Just annoying, wishing you could turn it off :(

5. spartanstew

spartanstew Dry as a bone

Nov 16, 2005
    Wylie, Texas
    I watch all sports time delayed and never have that problem, because they rarely return right to the action.

If I fear a cliffhangar or something similar, I just use 30 second slip instead.

6. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    Use 30 second skip instead of FF.

7. RoyGBiv

RoyGBiv Icon

Jul 24, 2007
    It used to be that if you pressed "pause" there would be no "auto correct" when stopping FF. Unfortunately, with the new software, they have essentially removed the pause function from the pause button, so it doesn't work anymore. What I have found is that if I stop FF by hitting the 6 sec rewind button, it will almost always stop only a second or two prior to where I pushed the button instead of the up to 30 it does when pressing play.

SMK