1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Question...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by CGreeve419, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGreeve419

CGreeve419 New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    I have the VIP 622 set up in two rooms (living room and bedroom). I have a harmony remote set up for room 1 and love it. I just purchased the same harmony remote to set up for room 2 but it is not seeming to send the signal to the other room as the original tv2 remote. Has anyone figured out how to make the harmony work for a tv2 set up?

2. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    DISH designed the TV2 remote to use radio waves instead of infrared light beams to go through walls to change channels. Harmony dosen't use UHF so it isn't compatible with TV2.

3. CGreeve419

CGreeve419 New Member

Nov 7, 2007
    Does anyone know of a universal remote that would work for tv2 in another room? I use that remote while watching tv in bed and to be honest with you it's fluster cucked if you know what i mean. Thereare so many buttons and i can never find the right one in the dark. That's why I have the harmony for tv1.

4. wreck

wreck Legend

Oct 27, 2007
    You can call Dish Network Customer Service and buy a "Universal Pro 6.3" remote that will work TV1 OR TV2 with UHF instead of Infared. You can program that remote to work other devices as well (if they are infared).

Edit: I guess that doesn't help much -- you can already program your existing TV2 remote to operate your other devices. (It won't light up though!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.