1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by dwr11, Mar 17, 2011.

1. dwr11

dwr11 Mentor

Jan 14, 2008
    I have a H22 receiver (located downstairs in my homebase) that is hooked up to 5 TV's. One of the TV's that it is hooked up to is a HD TV. I have the DIRECTV remote for that TV set to IR (it sends the signal through some extra CAT6 that I had run when we built the house and it works perfectly. My question is can I have my DIRECTV remotes set to RF on the other TV's so they will work too or is it an all IR or all RF thing for each receiver? Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Vin

Vin Legend

Mar 29, 2004
    Nope, it's one or the other.

3. mjwagner

mjwagner Icon

Oct 8, 2005
    Not sure this will work for your application but DTV remotes, when set to RF, do output both IR and RF at the same time. As an example, I use a DTV remote to control a TV behind my bar using IR to control the TV and RF to control the DTV rcvr, which is in another room, at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

4. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    I'm not quite sure I'd put it that way. It's not that they put out RF and IR simultaneously (at the same time), but sequentially (one after the other). When set to RF mode, the remote only puts out RF to the sat box, it does not send the same sat box commands in IR, they are disabled.

What actually happens is the non-sat commands are always sent IR, no matter whether the remote is set to RF or IR, while the all commands are sent IR (both sat box and other devices), if the remote is set to IR mode.