1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote question

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by dreaux, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreaux

dreaux Guest

I notice there is not an on/off (standby) button on the remote. On my old Sony sat-60 there is. Seems to only way to put the unit on standby is to push the button on the unit itself. Why is that, and is there a code to program the remote to do that?
    Love the unit even though my Hdmi to Dvi cable went out after 3 days....but the remote is poorly designed. Too small with the buttons to close and poorly laid out.

2. Chris Blount

Chris Blount Creator of DBSTalk Staff Member Administrator DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 22, 2001
    Ah! The age old Tivo standby question. :)

The only way you can place the Tivo in standby via the remote is to use the DirecTV Central screen then scroll down to the "standby" selection. All this really does is turn off the A/V outputs and stop buffering satellite channels (it will buffer local digital OTA channels while in standby).

A lot of people seem to have a problem with not having an on/off button on the remote. Don't worry about it. The Tivo is not designed to be completely turned off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.