1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote Questions??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Tuquala, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Tuquala

Tuquala Mentor

Jan 9, 2007
    Picked up an HR20-700 and questioning if the original remote coming with it will work with my very recently purchased ProScan 37" LCD. The remote for the R10 that I will be replacing couldn't find a matching code for the tv. Been using a Harmony to run the R10 and the tv.

I'm sure that the newer remotes have more codes in them, and wondering if I should look for one of the newest ones available??

Also, will the HR20 operate in both IR & RF, or only one mode at a time??

Thanks in advance for your comments!!

Gerry

2. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    I don't know about the codes, but I can tell you that the HR20 will not operate simultaneously in RF and IR. You can use RF for the DVR and IR for the TV, but not "both" for the DVR.

3. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Its hard with off brands, but there are some codes for the Proscan TV's in the RC64 manual. Codes are: Proscan 11447, 10047, 10747, 11347, 11922.

As Rodney said, the receiver can only be in IR or RF mode, not both at the same time. The remote can control the Directv Receiver via RF and your TV/other devices via IR though.

4. rudeney

rudeney Hall Of Fame

May 28, 2007
    One thing I have found in dealing with remote codes is that you sometimes have to cross-reference between brands. For example, I have an Audiovox TV in the guest room, but the remote codes for that brand didn't work so well (no mute, flaky power). What I did was look for other brands that shared the same code number. For example, 20037 was a code for Audiovox that sort of worked, but I found that Emerson, Craig, LG and a few others also use this code, so I tried the other codes for those brands and found a better working one.

5. Tuquala

Tuquala Mentor

Jan 9, 2007
    I was pretty sure that the HR20 wouldn't do both at once, thanks for confirming. Next ??:

I am replacing a R10 which is feeding the Proscan and out to another room on coax at this time. My plan is to use an RF Modulator to feed the downhill tv from the HR20, and want to use 2 of the DTV rf remotes to control the HR 20 and the other tv. See any problems with 2 remotes serving the one DVR??

Thanks again,

Gerry

6. Grentz

Grentz New Member

Jan 10, 2007
    No problem at all, I have done the same in the past. You can have as many remotes as you like on one DVR as long as they are all RF or all IR.

7. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    10178 worked for my proscan.