1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote that does easy macros

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mike109, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Mike109

Mike109 Legend

Jun 28, 2010
    Sometimes I temporarily turn on Closed Captioning because I can't understand what someone is saying in a program. And then I turn it off. Of course it takes a dozen steps to do this.

I bought an RCA RCRP05B remote which can control 5 devices including the Dish DVR. The nice thing is that it is easy to set up the long macro that is needed to turn CC on or off. It’s a 5 device universal remote that comes with codes for hundreds of devices. I just used the provided codes & then entered the required steps for the CC macro. Really easy to do. It retails for $20 & I’ve seen it on sale for $10 - $15. I got one from a local home center store on sale for $8.

You can also program the remote with some individual key codes in order to do some complex remote programming if you choose. But so far I have not needed anything but the basics. There’s a lot of information at the following forum.
    http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/