1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote that does easy macros

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Mike109, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Mike109

Mike109 Legend

Jun 28, 2010
    Sometimes I temporarily turn on Closed Captioning because I can't understand what someone is saying in a program. And then I turn it off. Of course it takes a dozen steps to do this.

I bought an RCA RCRP05B remote which can control 5 devices including the Dish DVR. The nice thing is that it is easy to set up the long macro that is needed to turn CC on or off. It’s a 5 device universal remote that comes with codes for hundreds of devices. I just used the provided codes & then entered the required steps for the CC macro. Really easy to do. It retails for $20 & I’ve seen it on sale for $10 - $15. I got one from a local home center store on sale for $8.

You can also program the remote with some individual key codes in order to do some complex remote programming if you choose. But so far I have not needed anything but the basics. There’s a lot of information at the following forum.
    http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/