1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remote way to see to do lists?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Steve Rhodes, May 24, 2014.

1. Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    We have 4 HR24s and 1 HR34. Without going to another room's TV, we would like to be able to see all of the to do lists and the series links from the TV in the room where we are or alternatively from our iPads. Is there a way? I know how to set up programs remotely via the ipad but not review what's planned by looking at the other DVRs to do list.

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Unfortunately, no, unless you want a Slingbox on every tv.

3. Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Forgot about slingbox. That's not a bad idea. Where is the best to find about people's experience using it with Directv?

4. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    I've read many good things about it and Vulkano. Is buying 5 of them financially feasible for you?

5. Steve Rhodes

Steve Rhodes Godfather

Oct 4, 2006
    Vulkano is something I have not heard of. And yes, since I paid to have all five of my DVRS upgraded to 2TB internal drives, I might be willing to get them all slingboxes or Vulkanos. Any recommendation on which one and how well they work with Directv?

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Keep in mind that you would still need to log in to each one individually. No different then in your house

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

7. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    Slingbox works very well with DirecTV units. Not sure just how convenient it would be to use it for the purpose you desire, only you can decide that. It shouldn't be that often that you actually need to check the todo list and series link manager, and in those cases it would not seem unreasonable to go to those tv locations. But that's easy to say without being you, and in your specific situation.

8. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Customers with multi-DVRs are non-existing to DirecTV developers. They are focus on customers with only one DVR.

9. compnurd

compnurd Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2007
    Evans City PA
    They should look into doing this. With my old Tivo Premieres I could use the app or the website to check the to do list and season passes on every box that was connected to the internet

10. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    I hoping an app will come along that will do what the DVR doesn't do now -- look at combine DVR Series Manager List and combine ToDo List.

11. prushing

prushing DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 14, 2007
    Even the Uverse app will show all the recordings and upcoming recordings

I'm sure it's possible to issue a service call from an app because they all ready do that in older PC apps and the GG app.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk