1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote with AM21&HR34

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by yatsco, Jul 15, 2012.

1. yatsco

yatsco Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    In order to record OTC channels, I have an AM-21 connected to a HR34. When the AM-21 was connected to the older HR20s, I could use the remote and go direct to the OTC channel simply by entering the channel number followed by entering the dash and the subchanned number (eg 4-1, 4-2 etc). Now the only way I can go directly to an OTC channel is to call it up using the Guide and then select the OTC channel. I can only assume everyone with a AM21/HR34 is faced with this problem. Can anyone tell me if this is corect or have any other suggestion on how to immediately access a OTC channel with the DIRECTV remote? Thaks.

2. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I checked this with mine and had no problems with xx-1 entering.
    If yours doesn't do this, it may get fixed with the next update.

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    Agree with VOS
    Every Directv receiver in my home has an AM21 or AM21N attached.
    On occassion, sometimes, the x-1 doesn't work, but its rare. Just have to re-enter it.
    Most of the time an x-1 or x-2 works fine.

Suggest you re-do your ANT setup.

4. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Same here.

5. yatsco

yatsco Mentor

Aug 30, 2007
    I am embarrassed to report that the problem reported lies with the remote control. The remote control I was using works with all functions except it does not recognize the dash. I set up a new remote control and it provides me with the dash to directly access OTA. Your comments made me think that the remote control might be the problems. Thanks to everyone.

6. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    [I won't then tell you the BS I once went through with just one weak battery in mine] ;)

7. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I take it this wasnt a regular Directv remote then, but an aftermarket one instead? Or was it just a regular D* remote with a bad button?