1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote won't program to Emerson tv.

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by onan38, May 10, 2009.

1. onan38

onan38 Legend

Jul 17, 2008
    Hi all,Just bought a Emerson LC320EM93 tv from wallyworld for my grandmother.I have tried all the emerson codes listed in the instruction book and the directv codes as well for the remote.Even tried to auto find the code still no good,even googled trying to find code.Will this tv just not program to the Directv remote.She is 89 years old and has trouble using one remote to turn tv on and for the volume and another to change channels on her Directv box Thanks for any help!

2. miketorse

miketorse Icon

Jul 29, 2008
    I'm sure Edmund/Tivoburkee can confirm, but I believe there is NO remote out there today that is preprogrammed with the codes for the new Emerson TV's. I think you are out of luck.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Seeing you got it from Wally World take it back and get a TV that the D* remote can operate.

4. Aztec Pilot

Aztec Pilot Legend

Oct 11, 2007
    I have had this problem in the past. The codes eventually show up for directv. The problem is that is a new model and it is hard to tell who made it.

5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I'm going to move this to the General Discussion forum with the hope of attracting our resident remote master, Edmund :)

6. Shades228

Shades228 DaBears

Mar 18, 2008
    Since it's for your grandmother I would recommend taking the TV back and getting a different one. If you call Emerson you might find out who actually manufactured the TV. I would try the scan code method again. Just to make sure you didn't go too fast or that something wasn't missed. Remember when the code scan has gone through all the codes the led will blink multiple times indicating that it's done.

7. putty469

putty469 Legend

Jun 5, 2007
    It is made by Funai, who also makes LCD's for other brands. I have this TV and only a universal remote will control everything. I use one by Universal Remote and had to manually program the Emerson buttons into it. Edmund answered this question around Christmas when Wal-Mart had a sale on these TV's.

Buy your Grandma a universal remote or take the TV back.

8. bjdotson

bjdotson Legend

Feb 20, 2007
  9. DaaQ

DaaQ Legend

Aug 20, 2008
    None of the Emerson LCD tvs will program to the rc64 or rc64r remote. I have gone through the code search several times on multiple tvs of varying screen size to make sure.

Take it back if that is an option.