1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

remotely connecting the TV2 remote antenna

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Snydley, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Snydley

Snydley AllStar

Mar 30, 2007
    I have a 722k in my living room using dual mode, and a solitary,(not combined with the sat. in cable), TV2 home distribution coax cable connected to a splitter going to a TV in the basement, and 2 TVs in my pole barn about 25' away.
    I used to have the remote antenna in the barn and was able to change channels with the remote from there. I then had a Hopper/Joey installed and the tech. took that all apart. Now I've gone back to a 722k and I need to know how to combine the antenna and the home distribution connectors on the back of the receiver and what "devices" to use to combine the signals to go over the 1 coax wire going out to my barn where I will connect the antenna to another "device" and a splitter to connect to the 2 TVs I have in the barn. Can I also connect a remote antenna to a "device" in the cellar so I can also control the TV down there with a remote? By "devices" I mean splitters, combiners, seperators, duplexers etc. I've still got most, if not all of those devices from the initial install of the 722k, just don't know what to use.
    Thanks,
    Snyde

2. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    You need three splitters. At the 722, plug the splitter into the "Home Distribution" port and into the "Remote Antenna" port. In the basement and at the barn, you will plug in a remote antenna and the TV.

3. Snydley

Snydley AllStar

Mar 30, 2007
    Thanks, I thought there was more to it than that.
    Snyde