1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Remotes for Grandma

Discussion in 'Laughter Is The Best Medicine' started by jimmie57, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    This is funny and could be true for my 89 year old mother.

2. CDJohnson25

CDJohnson25 Mentor

Nov 4, 2007
    On a long...
    Hmm, I don't think masking tape is sufficient to stop those buttons from getting pressed. I think a metal wrap would be needed. :p

3. samrs

samrs MANC DBSTalk Club

May 30, 2004
    Flat Branch, NC
    I did that for a customer one time, at their request. I used some light cardboard and electrical tape.

4. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    My GF's mother wraps her remotes in saran wrap so they don't get dirty. Of course, she has OCD. They still work.

5. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I actually did that on two of my mother's remotes. That was a few years ago, she is far beyond that now (demented). But it worked for a couple of years.

6. skinnyJM

skinnyJM Legend

Nov 19, 2005
    DFW DMA
    I will probably need to do that for my parents in the near future. But what they need now is old-style corded remote or one on a chain, like at the bank, so they will quit losing/misplacing them!