1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove Live TV image

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by bobng, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobng

bobng New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Is there a way to remove the live TV broadcast that is in the small window after deleting one recorded program and moving to the next recorded program? I really do not want to view a live portion of a program that I'm recording while looking for something to watch that has been recorded.

My luck would be "and the killer is" just as I'm changing over.
    Thanks
    Bob

2. 4bama

4bama Godfather

Aug 6, 2006
    The simple solution is to change channels to a station you do not record BEFORE starting a DVR playback...then when you're finished watching the DVR and delete the program you are not watching a critical portion of your "now recording" program. This procedure only works for single mode, or dual mode if you have OTA channels and select one of them before watching/deleting your DVR program.

3. Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser Hall Of Fame Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2005
    Another thing I do is wait until the end of the night to delete all my programs I've watched. I just stop the one I'm done with, and then go select the next show to watch. This leaves the 'stopped/paused' previous program in the window until you start the next show.

4. bobng

bobng New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks, deleting at the end of the night will work.

5. debpasc

debpasc Legend

Oct 20, 2005
    Not looking at the picture is easy, not listening to the live program was the problem, so we just mute the sound.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.