1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing receiver from sling.com management

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by churoval, Aug 13, 2010.

Tags:
  1. churoval

churoval AllStar

Aug 2, 2005
    Is there a way to remove a receiver from remote management on dish.sling.com?

I have a disturbing problem right now. I RMAed a 622 a couple months ago, but the old receiver never got removed from the sling account. Today, I noticed that Dish must have returned the old receiver to service because it's now showing up as being manageable on my account again. I can go into it and look at the recordings and, I assume if I felt evil, I could tell it to record things or delete stuff, but I'm not that mean.

I just want it off my list of receivers at this point. It makes me feel a little concerned now that my "new" 622 might be manageable by its previous users. Haven't had anything strange appear or disappear yet.

Thanks.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Interesting... I thought that was supposed to happen when you deactivate the receiver on your account.

You did deactivate it before you sent it back, right?

I had a 622 swapped out a few months ago... and I can't access my old receiver... just my new one.

3. churoval

churoval AllStar

Aug 2, 2005
    I followed the procedure I was given by Dish. Honestly, I can't remember now if there was a deactivation step in there or not. It was 4 months ago and my memory isn't that good. :(

Since then, it's shown up whenever I logged into the remote access system as inactive. I figured it would go away eventually, but today it was active.

I just logged back in and now it's gone. So, I guess, problem solved. Still a bit disturbing though.

4. churoval

churoval AllStar

Aug 2, 2005
    Ok... This is weird... It's not completely gone....

If I log into remote access through dishnetwork.com, it only shows me the one receiver I have. If I login through dish.sling.com, it shows me both my receiver and the one I RMAed.

:confused:

5. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I have no idea how relevant this might be to you, Sling has had servers problems for over a week. From the sound of it everyone using Sling in any was caught in the failure.

6. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    That's a good point... it may or may not explain the "phantom receiver" still on his account, but there have been enough other Sling-related problems that who knows.