1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Repairing a broken remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by Draconis, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    I had a remote that would not make full contact with the batteries. I could hear them rattling around and the remote worked intermittently.

Knowing that DIRECTV does not want remotes back I took it apart, and found that the interior wall that keeps the battery spring in place had snapped off.

(Still wondering how I managed to do that).

I glued the wall back into place and reinforced the wall with some old cardboard. I figured folks might like to know how I did it so I took pictures as I went along.

It comes apart easily, after you take the two screws out of the battery compartment you have to pry off the grey panel on the top of the remote to get at the remaining screws. It pulls right apart then.

The only tricky part about putting it back together is to make sure the plastic slider goes into the switch on the circuit board.

Attached Files:

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    That remote can be had for about $10 maybe less, just curious how long all that took? Nice info though in case I get the urge to tinker with one. :righton:

3. Draconis

Draconis DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 16, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    It took about 10 minutes.

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Do you have a dog? Perhaps you can put the blame on the dog, since everybody does….. :rotfl:

5. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    The two AA batteries acted like battering ram? Your remote received a contra coo injury.