1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Repeat Waiver Request

Discussion in 'Local Reception' started by SeaBeagle, Nov 18, 2013.

1. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    If I keep requesting waivers for distant networks will local stations eventually give in?

I was approved for two out of four networks.

2. west99999

west99999 Icon

May 11, 2007
    NO, they will keep denying you.

3. joshjr

joshjr Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Aug 2, 2008
    NE Oklahoma
    You dont know that and there are loop holes in the law. One is that the station only has 30 days to deny the waiver or the waiver is deemed automatically approved should DirecTV decide to approve it. Also, stations can lapse their subscription on the tool that they use to deny waivers (had that happen personally). Plus I have had them get tired of me and approve it before. Dont give up. You must be a DirecTV commercial?

4. SeaBeagle

SeaBeagle Legend

May 7, 2006
    You dont know that and there are loop holes in the law. One is that the station only has 30 days to deny the waiver or the waiver is deemed automatically approved should DirecTV decide to approve it. Also, stations can lapse their subscription on the tool that they use to deny waivers (had that happen personally). Plus I have had them get tired of me and approve it before. Dont give up. You must be a DirecTV commercial?

No I subscribe to DISH. Since I was approved for two out of four networks will the two networks I was approved for keep getting waiver requests. I do not want we sent waiver requests for those
    Nice peeps that approved the waivers.

5. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Are the ones that where approved o&o and the ones that wherent not by chance?