1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replace 622 with 722k

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by 2Newfs, Mar 13, 2013.

1. 2Newfs

2Newfs New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    I have been a satisfied Dish customer for many many years. I currently have two 622's for two TV's. The 622 hooked up to my surround sound has a defective optical audio connector. The connector has come loose and the cable won't stay in. I'm thinking about seeing if Dish will replace it. Has anyone ever talked Dish into replacing a 622 with a 722k without having to sign another contract? I believe this will be my 5th post so I might be able to PM a Dish rep now.

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Call CSR, arrange swap to good one, when tech will arrive bribe him for 722k, by dish logistic 622, 722 & 722k are the same in HD Dual DVR clause

3. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I apologize for the issue you're experiencing with your 622 receiver. As P Smith has stated, the 622, 722 and 722k are all grouped together because they are all HD Duo DVRs. We can send you a new receiver but it will not be a guarantee that you will receive one of the VIP722 receivers. If there is anything else that I can assist you with please send me a PM, I am happy to help!

4. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    If you use OTA, the 722k does not come with an OTA tuner, you must buy one for $50, but it gives you 2 OTA tuners.

5. 2Newfs

2Newfs New Member

Feb 26, 2005
    I had forgotten that point. I thought The 722 would allow me to get the sling adapter and maybe stay off contract. It now seems I would be better off putting my money towards the new Hopper with sling technology. Since I plan to stay with Dish, a new contract is not that big of deal.

6. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    I agree with P Smith. If you have Dish mail you a replacement you'll get a 622 (they always ship same for same). If you schedule a tech visit you'll get whatever the installer has on the truck, which chances are won't be a 622 since they haven't made them in years. Every once in a while we'll get a pallet of remanufactured 622's to use up, but I haven't seen any for over 6 months (in my area at least). Of course, nothing is guaranteed, but this is your best shot at getting an slight upgrade without signing a new contract. Worst case if all he has are 622's, you'll get at least have a working receiver again, and can still save your pennies for a Hopper upgrade later. Just remember to archive anything off to a hard drive you want to keep and write your timers down before he gets there.