1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replace HR 34 with HR 44

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by jimlenz, May 19, 2013.

1. jimlenz

jimlenz Legend

Aug 22, 2007
    I have a HR34 and am looking to upgrade to the HR44. Is it worth upgrading? My main reason is that I want to give the HR34 to my father. I assume I can do that even though it is leased? It will still be leased for him? I assume I can just replace the 34 with the 44 since I already have all the connections working?

Thanks

Jim

2. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    You can't transfer a leased box to someone else. It is a simple swapout if you were to get one from Solid Signal. The difference would be in speed, size and possibly manufacturer.

3. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    And you would have to deactivate the HR34 before activating the HR44. The HR34 would also need to be returned to DirecTV.

4. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    You can't do this. The HR34 is leased to you and if you deactivate it it needs to go back to DirecTV otherwise you will get charged for it. It can't be transferred to another account.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yep, it aint gonna happen….