1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replace THR22 internal drive while keeping data?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by LazLong, Oct 31, 2013.

1. LazLong

LazLong New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    I would like to replace the internal drive on my THR22 while keeping the data. Back in the day this was possible with the HR10-250 and the SD Tivos; has anyone figured out what is necessary to do this with the THR22? Honestly, I don't care about the shows; what I care about is that my Tivo has garnered enough info about what I watch/record to make decent suggestions. I don't want to have to start this all over. I tried searching the forums, but didn't really find anything useful. Anyone have any info?

Thanx.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
  3. LazLong

LazLong New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Yeah, I suppose I should have put it in both. Thanx for pointing that out. I was sleep-posting.

I really think of the THR22s as a DirecTV receiver, rather than a Tivo, as its hardware bears no resemblence to the real Tivos. Hardware-wise it really is a DirecTV device with Tivo's software on top. But yeah, this is really a question about manipulating the file system, which is probably the same between DirecTV's pseudo-Tivo and real Tivos.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    . It's also the same processors TiVo used in their boxes. Probably the reason they went with this hardware.

Of course it has to have DIRECTV tuners in it though (just like cable card for cable versions that technically isn't something they designed) but it's all TiVo software....