1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement 722k now interfering universal RF remote

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by clotter, Oct 14, 2011.

1. clotter

clotter AllStar

Apr 12, 2008
    I have two 722k receivers, one in the living room and one in my theater room. They both operate second TV's in other rooms. I recently had to get a replacement for the 722k in the living room. It took me awhile to figure this out, but once I got the 722k replacement, my universal remote in the theater room began working very poorly. If I unplug the 722 in the living room, the remote in the theater works normally again. I never had this problem with the first 722k.

My remote in the theater room is a Universal Remote Control MX800 operating RF with a MRF250 base station. All my components are controlled RF from the remote through the base station, and via the IR emitters placed over the component IR sensors. I have tried moving the emitter going to the 722 all over the place to make sure the sensor isn't getting overloaded but nothing helps.

Has anyone run into a similar problem or has a fix?