1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replacement HR10-250 Bit the Dust

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by paul01463, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul01463

paul01463 DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 27, 2004
    I received a replacement HR10-250 from DirecTv yesterday (shipped by second day air, not overnight as committed to in their support agreement, but anyway). Within 2 hours of installation, video from the HDMI port started to pixelate and then display the dreaded pink-hughed picture. Toggling resolution did not help. Further, the unit started to emanate a high-frequency whine - drove the dog out of the TV room, which is a first. The whine sounds to me like a hard-disk about to crash. :mad:

I brought the unit out of standby this morning only to find the HDMI port completely dead and the whine even louder. :mad: :mad:

So, I called the good folk at DirecTv, and they wanted to step through the whole trouble-shooting procedure. Finally, they agreed that I might have a defective unit, but insisted that they could not send more then one replacement unit within a ninety-day period. :confused: So, we went through the support agreement and they finally agreed that no such limitations exist - and set up a shipment for a second replacement unit (holding breath). And so it goes.

I started this process at 0600 this morning and finally hung up the phone at 0930 - what a way to run a railroad. :nono2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.