1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replacement HR10-250 Bit the Dust

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by paul01463, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul01463

paul01463 DBSTalk Club Member

Jun 27, 2004
    I received a replacement HR10-250 from DirecTv yesterday (shipped by second day air, not overnight as committed to in their support agreement, but anyway). Within 2 hours of installation, video from the HDMI port started to pixelate and then display the dreaded pink-hughed picture. Toggling resolution did not help. Further, the unit started to emanate a high-frequency whine - drove the dog out of the TV room, which is a first. The whine sounds to me like a hard-disk about to crash. :mad:

I brought the unit out of standby this morning only to find the HDMI port completely dead and the whine even louder. :mad: :mad:

So, I called the good folk at DirecTv, and they wanted to step through the whole trouble-shooting procedure. Finally, they agreed that I might have a defective unit, but insisted that they could not send more then one replacement unit within a ninety-day period. :confused: So, we went through the support agreement and they finally agreed that no such limitations exist - and set up a shipment for a second replacement unit (holding breath). And so it goes.

I started this process at 0600 this morning and finally hung up the phone at 0930 - what a way to run a railroad. :nono2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.