1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replacement receiver with same issue - rev up your fans!

Discussion in 'ViP922 DVR Support Forum' started by Mustang Dave, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave Legend

Oct 13, 2006
    Came home to our 922 with fan running and no lights had to pull the power plug. Ran for a few minutes blank screen fan noise again. Received the replacement today from Dish. Exact same issues. Appears to be a common problem I guess based on some posts in this forum. Technician coming out on Friday hope he has a magic wand or at least a working receiver with him.

2. Rduce

Rduce Legend

May 15, 2008
    Based on my own observations, I had 3 replacements sent out over the course of a couple of weeks before I got one that was stable. However, it is beginning to act up and as soon as it goes south I am done with this model receiver.

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]I know this can be upsetting and I am happy to help you today! After you plugged it back in, did you see an error message on the screen? Is the receiver inside a cabinet or open air? Would you please PM me with the phone number on the account? [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks[/SIZE]

4. Mustang Dave

Mustang Dave Legend

Oct 13, 2006
    Hi Mike, thank you for the response. No error messages for either receiver at any point. The receiver location is an open air shelf. I will PM you the phone number. Thanks!

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    I had my first 922 for quite a while... lost track of the time actually... and it went this way one day a couple of years back I believe... black screen and whirring fans with no hints at any problems the day before it failed so spectacularly. No problems with the replacement going on a couple of years now.