1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replacement Remote for 510D

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by tetonbarbie, Mar 31, 2009.

1. tetonbarbie

tetonbarbie New Member

Mar 31, 2009
    My Platinum remote has died. I cannot find anyone online to buy a replacement remote as it is discontinued. I own all my equipment so cannot use warranty for replacement from Dish.

Does anyone know what alternate remote can be used with 510D and where I can purchase?

Thanks!

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    Have you called Dish? Most of the time, they're pretty good about sending out replacement remotes for free. Even if they don't, they don't charge much for them.

3. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I find the 6.3 replacement they'll send you to be much more comfortable to use than the Platinum. It will come with a set of keys (the color tab at the bottom of the remote) so you can operate it in IR (green key) or UHF (black key). The UHF Pro key is only for newer receivers.

The 510 does not fit in the "Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)." Could a moderator move this to either General Dish Discussion or the SD Receiver Support forum?