1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replacement VIP622 Installation

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Wildman63, Mar 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildman63

Wildman63 Mentor

Dec 23, 2006
    The hard drive in my VIP622 failed last week and a replacement has been shipped. Anything special to do when I switch boxes? Will I have to call to get the new one activated?

I plan to just connect the new one just like the old one, plug it in and see what happens...

2. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    You have to call Dish and give them the receiver numbers to get it activated and the old one deactivated from your account. Then you get to set up all your timers again.

3. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    The new receiver will come with instructions on what to do. It will include waiting for a download of the latest software and then calling to activate. Write the RA number on the outside of the return box and tape a note to the top of the 622 describing what was wrong and also the RA number.

It is an easy swap. Just plug it in where the old one was, like you stated. If you changed the remote number you will have to go through that again.

4. ClarkBar

ClarkBar Legend

Mar 5, 2006
    As I recall, on my last replacement, there was a new selection on the phone keypad for "help with installing replacement receivers." I think it was #8. The lady was very thorough in making sure I did a switch check and had good sigs from several Transponders. Make sure you listen for that selection when you call in. She was way ahead of me and said she had canceled my old receiver that I was sending back on the prepaid RA, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.