1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replacing HR22

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Randino, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Randino

Randino Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    Ok, my current setup is one HR44 in the living room and a HR22 in the bedroom. My problem is the HR22 is getting really slow. I have the protection plan from DTV, but when I called last night they basically said the stalling I'm having is within range of normal. I'm averaging about 5 seconds between channel changes, and it hasn't always been that slow. Should I call again and try my luck with a different rep? Second question is, what will they replace the HR22 with, a HR24 or a genie Mini, and which would be faster?

Thanks

2. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    DirecTV wi'll do their best to replace it with another HR22.

3. Randino

Randino Mentor

Oct 11, 2007
    LOL well that sucks, what are the odds of getting a HR24 from the installer. IE when he calls ask him what receiver he is bringing, then cancelling if I don't like what I hear?

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    That's one approach. You could also purchase an HR24 from a dealer like Solid Signal and request that DirecTV credit back the cost.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Depends how they determined yours is replaced. If it is dropped ship, your most likely will get an HR22, if is a truck roll, most likely an HR24

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Receivers gets replaced with the same class of receivers, so in your case an HDDVR will be replaced with an HDDVR, not a mini