1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Replacing Slimline 3LNB - Which Dish to get?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by davahad, Mar 15, 2014.

1. davahad

davahad Legend

Jun 2, 2007
    Hi,

My Slimline 3LNB has 4 outputs and i have 4 cables running to 2 HR24-500's. The cable run is very short at about 20-25 feet. One of the LNB covers broke off and recently I started getting
    771 errors on both receivers and several channels are no longer coming in.

In the next month or two I am going to replace 1 HR24 with a HR44.

DTV is coming out tomorrow and I would like to know which dish I should ask for? The Slimline 3 LNB with the built in 8 port multiswitch? Or is better to keep the same style dish I currently have with the
    4 outputs and add a separate multiswitch when I replace the HR24 with HR44? If so guessing they would probably replace the LNB and realign?

Thanks.

2. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Not sure if you really get to choose which dish. If your final configuration is the Genie and one existing HR24, you only have seven (7) tuners so they are going to install the LNB that supports eight (8) tuners.

OR you could have them add a Genie and with your two HR24s, you'll have nine (9) tuners so they will install a SWM16. Then at a future date (after you've watched all the shows on your HR24), deactivate it and ship it back. This will cost you an additional $6 per month while you have the HR24 installed.

Not that I recommend this path just to get a SWM16 installed.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    right you don't get to chose which LNB you get. the tech will replace your defective LNB with the same type

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk