1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Reprogramming ADVANCE button advance time?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by ron59, Sep 30, 2013.

1. ron59

ron59 New Member

Mar 9, 2011
    I know about the SLIP30 and the SKIP30, but I'm curious to know if you can modify the amount of TIME that is skipped. For example, I'd like to change it to 20 seconds.

I have the Sunday Ticket and record all the football games. I don't "watch" them, I zap them. As soon as the player is tackled, I like to hit that button to jump to the next play. Only thing.... 30 seconds can be a little too far and I totally miss the next play. Changing it 20 seconds would work a lot better.

Bueller? Bueller?

2. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    You can't, sorry.

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Watch the 'short cut' they play later. About 30 mins per game. No commercials. And they even have one for each team so you can set up an auto-record (ex: There is a Broncos HD Short Cut Wk #4 and there is also a Eagles HD Short Cut Wk #4).

Just don't blink while watching. ;)

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Fios allows you to set the length of time. I know they could do it if they wanted.

5. miss_my_utv

miss_my_utv AllStar

Jul 25, 2007
    I find SLIP to be better than SKIP for watching football (mostly college), since you can see if the play is going to start and hit "PLAY" to come out of the "slipping" before the 30 seconds. It's not a perfect solution, but better than SKIP (for me, at least).

6. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Of course. SKIP is better for commercial breaks

7. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    They could if they wanted but we all know where DirecTV stands on user customization. lol

8. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yup, same as Apple's