1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reputable Dealer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by pilam99, Aug 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pilam99

pilam99 Cool Member

Aug 15, 2003
    Any advice on an inexpensive but reputable D* dealer that will respond to emails?

Tried, expersatellite and satellitestore, no respones. Not interested in orbitsat. Any others which you guys have used?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    Huh? When I e-mail Expert Satellite, I got a response within 24 hours.

(Of course, if you e-mail my ISP's tech support during support hours, you get a response with 2 hours, usually less, and that response may not be in the form of e-mail, but rather a phone call.)

3. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Dish Depot is now a Directv dealer as well, even though Mark isn't showing it yet on his website. And he always responds to emails quickly.

4. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Try www.minidishes.tv I purchased a Spaun multi-switch from them and they are quick to respond to e-mail and they have a ton of experience and a wealth of knowledge. They will give you a custom quote, etc. I don't know what your beef is with OrbitSat. They treated me decently and had great prices.

5. formerxtian

formerxtian Cool Member

Jul 9, 2002
    from karl_f: I don't know what your beef is with OrbitSat. They treated me decently and had great prices.

I concur. I got my UltimateTV from OrbitSat, and they were just great. I've even had fair success using their "Live Rep" application (it depends how many other customers the poor rep is connected to at the time)

6. Prepper

Prepper New Member

Aug 6, 2003
    I've been dealing with Robert and Wendy over at Value Electronics and they have been extremely helpful and are always there to answer the phone when you call. I'd definitely recommend them.

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    :bang Grrrr......

Look, I try to deal with dealers who support DBSTalk, and Mark has been very supportive by providing prizes. If I had known that Dish Depot was selling DirecTV systems, I would have given him a call.

I also did check American Satellite, and the price for the system that I was looking for was almost twice as high as Expert Satellite for the same things.

8. Gatormanpaul

Gatormanpaul Cool Member

Aug 5, 2003
    Ordered mine today from Rapid Satellite. They met Expert Satellites deal and beat itwith a longer warranty!

4 Hughes HBH Receivers, Oval Triple Dish, Pro Install, 3 year warranty, rebate on delivery, net cost=FREE!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.