1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rescued Slimline w/5lnb

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by hedgie6, Apr 11, 2009.

1. hedgie6

hedgie6 New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    My neighbor was moving out and put his dish by the dumpster, was it worth rescuing it? I do not currently have HD but plan to get it in the future. I have 2 R15s and an R10, will this dish work for me? Because of where I live, my current dish is on a tripod, can the SL be tripod mounted? Thanks for your help!

2. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    I'm not the one to ask about mounting, but I can tell you that assuming the lnb is working and you can get it pointed correctly it will work fine for your current setup. Typically if you upgraded to HD, D* would cover your dish upgrade anyways. Still I'd grab it if I were you.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    The Slimline requires a larger (2" OD) pole, but one of the folks here sells an adapter on eBay for cheap that will convert your current (1 5/8") pole to 2" OD. And, yes, it will work just fine with your current receivers.

4. firefighter4evr

firefighter4evr Legend

Sep 17, 2008
    In worse case, if you don't use it... you could always make a few bucks for it in fleabay..um i mean e-bay... :lol:

5. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Campers and RV'ers would love to have it. Mount it to a tripod and take it with you. You will be the hit of the campground!

6. roadrunner1782

roadrunner1782 Icon

Sep 27, 2008
    It was definitely worth picking it up. I've saved a few from the dump myself, and one I keep for a spare and the others my friends now use.