1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restart time switching between drives

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by reber1b, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reber1b

reber1b Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    I hooked up a FAP to my HR20 today. Everything worked fine except a cheap little remote controlled on/off switch I got from SmartHome. I thought it would be the finishing touch for a couch potato who could then switch between drives witout ever getting up. I had my doubts about it soon as I took it out of the box -- it had "Chinese Junk" written all over it. It's not worth the postage to send it back, so I'll probably operate on it in my usual crude fashion. The other problem for me is the length of time it takes the HR20 to restart -- I could go have a sandwich and a beer while this is going on, so it doesn't seem real practical. I used the menu restart, the last step being the selection of "Restart Recorder", but the receiver went through the entire process of downloading all the satllite info, and it took about 10 to 12 minutes or so. Did I do this right, or is there a less time consuming method?

Reber1b

2. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    Welcome aboard.

That time frame is pretty much accurate. There is not a quicker that I am aware of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.