1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Resume menu item?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by gilroykilroy, Jul 18, 2013.

1. gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    When I first received my Hopper w/Sling a couple weeks back there was a "Resume" item in the recordings menu (but a lot of other stuff didn't work.) After a couple days the other stuff worked but the "Resume" item is gone. You have to resume a show by going to its info screen and selecting "Watch".

Any good reason the "Resume" was removed?

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Try highlighting the event and press PLAY and it should resume. There should also be a resume option in the drop down when you press select on the event. If you go into an folder with multiple events, if you have already started viewing it and stopped then you should see a play icon towards the top of the screen telling you that you can resume by pressing play.

3. gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    I just have More Info, Edit, Delete & Start Over in my drop down.

Further checking seems to reveal that this is in the My Folders view. I do see Resume in other views. Seems like a bug to me.

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    I tried this on my Hopper and HWS and I see resume in the drop down options and if I press play while highlighting the event it resumes.

5. gilroykilroy

gilroykilroy New Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Did you try it on an item in a custom folder in the My Folders view? If it matters all my folders start with a number (to keep them sorted in a specific order.)

P.S. They did seem to fix the folder selection popup; it no longer gives an incorrect first item and blank second.