1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Retailer Chat, June 16, 2005: some details, locals, etc...

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Darkman, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkman

Darkman Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 16, 2002
    Kinda late (2 days later) .. but only now had a chance to watch the tape of it:

Jim and Amir...
    -----------------

Satellite Tax bill in some states.... - example N. Carolina is trying for it.. - Fight it!, etc... (were speaking about it at Consumer Charlie Chat)

Programming.. Locals:

As of June 16 th, 2005 - 158 Local markets are available on DISH...

Upcoming Locals ("in a very near future.. over the summer") :

Casper-Riverton, WY
    Fairbanks, AK
    Great Falls, MT
    Juneau, AK
    Minot-Bismarck, ND
    San Angelo, TX
    ....(and as we know here at DBSTalk.. - some of those are uplinked already.. just not available to Subscribers at the present time)

Couple more Italian channels are added.. So now DISH has Panorama Italiano package for $19.99/month or $219.89/annual.. consisting of:

Video Italia
    Rai International
    Rai Satellite Radio
    Leonardo World

PPV:
    Rugby (from Edmonton, Canada - Churchill Cup) - June 19 - 26 ($34.95)
    Boxing - Gatti vs. Mayweather - June 25 ($44.95)
    Cricket (Tsunami Relief Event) - June 20 ($14.95)

Promotions:
    Current promotions extended to August 15, 2005 (New promotions to start August 16, 2005)

---------------
    Gonna go have breakfast now.. the rest of recap - somewhat later :D

2. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    On the next chat - they will talk about new promotions...

--
    Social Security Requirments:
    Launched already.. effective June 14, 2005
    -Only need last 4 digits of SSN now...
    -Eliminating the $49.99 charge (previously in place for something liket that)

--
    DVR Purchase Plan - for existing Customers

DISH 501 - MSRP - $149 plus install
    DISH 508 - MSRP - $199 plus install
    (No DVR Fee on those)

HD DVR Receivers Purchase plan:

DISH Player-DVR 921 - MSRP - $549 plus install
    DISH Player-DVR 942 - MSRP - $699 plus install (DHA Lease upgrade Fee: $250)

Leslie is on now with TECH News...
    - Lots of Software upgdates is going on... - example: 501/508/510 - P301 (6/14/2005 - *Wide-spread i guess*) - 3 System Info screens, many bug fixes, etc

- Tech Portal.. Great site actually! (saw a mention of it at Scott's site first) - http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/index.shtml (Nice "select a receiver" feature/option there.. down below.. with pictures, specs, etc)
    -- nice sub pages there: http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/TechDepo.shtml or http://rweb.echostar.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/TechUpdates.shtml (S/W updates, etc)

3. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    Fell asleep.. tired..
    Woke up.. rewinded the tape.. back to the recap:

---------
    Phone calls:

One guy said in Florida.. some 105's SuperDISH's LNB's (300s lot series?) are failing from heat ..ongoing problem.. (hmmm?) .. and something about pouring water on them - is fixing the problem?! (temporary i guess)
    DISH said.. they ll get the dude's info.. and try to get to the bottom of this ASAP...

Jim: "One thing about 105.. that i think could be of interest.. is we put new Satellite in the service this week at 105.. i know we had some signal strenth issues at 105.. anyways you should see some improvements with signal strenth over at 105.. over.. the next short period of days.. cuz they are doing some conversion from one bird to the other there.. and the Early Reports are that it's Very Positive!"
    ( Jim said that on June 16 th, 2005 :) ...*..so maybe it will become even better there .. We ll see* :) )

Next Tech Forum - Monday, August 8, 2005, 9 P.M. ET, channel 101

Next Consumer Charlie Chat - Monday, September 12, 2005, 9 P.M. ET, channel 101

Next Retailer Chat - Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 12 Noon ET

--
    ...Thats all

P.S. As i mentioned on previous Retailer Chat recap:

" In a near future.. (not sure exactly when), my connection to be able to view Live or Pre-recorded Retailer Chats will be over.. - so obviously i ll retire from these recaps... Just figured to let you all know...
    Not a big deal though.. - that's Life.. and it continues ;) "

4. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Was the lady from DYI there to show Charlie how to install indoor plumbing??

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D :D

5. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    .. You can read, can't you.. who WAS there or who WAS NOT? ;) :D

.. and you can also read that Charlie.. was NOT even there :D :D (for that lady to show him plumbing.. or anything else for that matter) :)

Sorry, I couldn't resist neither :D :D

P.S. ... But she WAS there .. to talk about your "complain e-mail" (.. just kiddin' :D .. - NO. She WAS NOT there)

6. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    Which type are the 300s series? The first SuperDishes which were plastic? Are just the 105/121 FSS lnbf's failing?

7. Darkman

Apr 16, 2002
    not sure.. but they were specifically talking only about 105's SuperDISHes..
    (phonecall from installer / retailer down in Florida)

not 121's .. he mentioned all of them in 300s series.. i didn't pay attention on specifically which one.. but my understanding was - ALL have failed for him... when it's too HOT

8. BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch Hall Of Fame

Apr 24, 2002
    Why do they have 501s and 508s as PVR upgrades for existing subscribers? I thought they were discontinued for the 510s?

It's a good deal, because the 501 and 508s were the last of the PVRs to come without $5 PVR fees (regardless of an active AEP subscription which was the only way to dodge the fee with a 510/721/921/942/522/322 receiver..... Get the insurance as these must be refurbs.......

9. NightRyder

NightRyder Legend

Jan 29, 2004
    Slight Correction. The 721 also has no PVR fee. :)

NightRyder

10. Jacob S

Jacob S Hall Of Fame

Apr 14, 2002
    The 721 is the best receiver without a DVR fee.

11. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Another slight correction. The 322 is not a DVR. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.