1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning a receiver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by ansky, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    I ordered and activated an H20 receiver about 3 weeks ago. To make a long story short, I want to know if I can return the receiver for a full refund ($50) and reactivate my old (owned) SD receiver. I am keeping my HR20 and DVR service.

2. gulfwarvet

gulfwarvet Tips & Resources Collaboration

Mar 7, 2007
    highly unlikely that $50 refund will happen, although they might give programing credit's if you had proven issue's with it. but i really don't think they'll give a refund just because you changed your mind on the H20.

the owned SD receiver i don't think that should be a problem.

3. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    As gulfwarvet said you can deactivate it and send it back but the doubt the will give you a refund. They may give you some programming credits like he said but not sure. You will still be under a new 2 year contract because you activated the H20.

Reactivating the SD receiver will not be a problem.

What is the reason you don't want it anymore?

4. ansky

ansky Hall Of Fame

Oct 11, 2005
    I called this morning and they would not let me return it. I even asked for programming credits and all they could offer was 3 free months of Starz - which I rejected as that is not a credit.

The reason I want to return it may sound silly to some, but the H20 is an eyesore. It looks ridiculous when hooked up to my 23" LCD and it barely fits on the TV stand I'm using. I wanted to reactivate my old D10 which is tiny compared to the H20. I don't know why they had to make the H20 as big as a DVR.

5. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    If you deactivate it from your account they will most certainly let you return it - they will charge you for it if you don't. Just be sure to ask for a return kit. Aside from the Starz offer, they won't give you anything back on it, but you can certainly return it.

6. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    They will not credit you for it, but they will gladly charge you full pop for NOT returning it! When you deactivate it, their system automatically generates a shipment of an empty box with return Fedex label.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.