1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning customer, what equiptment will I get?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by Gottria, May 15, 2010.

1. Gottria

Gottria Mentor

Aug 6, 2006
    So I left DTV 4-5 months ago and now looking at coming back. Having sent all my leased equipment back, what should I expect to get as a "new" install? Since I had Uverse installed all my TV locations in the house have a CAT 5 connection near them. I plan on leaving the Uverse for internet and phone. Hoping to get 2 HR24 and an H24 for the bedroom. I like 2 HDDVRs because I hate seeing all my kids recorded shows on my DVR.

Thanks.

2. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    You may get lucky and receive an H24 and HR24s, but it might be helpful to mention that you need whole-home DVR service when you sign up. However, it really will be up to the luck of the draw. If the installer doesn't have the newer boxes, he will install DECA adapters. You will probably get a SL3S dish with built-in SWM. A DECA adapter should also be installed and connected to your CAT5 cabling to permit On Demand, Media Share and Directv2PC.

3. Gottria

Gottria Mentor

Aug 6, 2006
    Well that is the whole point of coming back, MRV. The reason we left was to get MRV and now we have it we love it. I call latter tonight and see what they can do for me. I know you get what ever the installing company has and can't request units, anyone else in the SF Bay Area get any HR24 and H24s yet?

4. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    The Bay Area has the 24s and I've read posts where they passed out a few.
    MRV & DECA can work with other receivers though, so going with the "connected home" [MRV] will get you MRV and "should" give you better odds of getting 24s.

5. Gottria

Gottria Mentor

Aug 6, 2006
    Good to know, thanks guys. I assume performance with the 24s and a "connected home" is on par with DECA units and other HDDVRs.

6. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    MRV does not mean H24/HR24s. MRV is available with all H2x/HR2x models except the H20 (which has no Ethernet port), and getting MRV/DECA has nothing to do with H24/HR24 availability.

Like any customer, you'll get the receivers that the installer has available on his truck. And those could be anything in the H2x/HR2x family.

7. Gottria

Gottria Mentor

Aug 6, 2006
    So does anyone have the number of the company that does the installs in the east bay, Hayward Castro Valley area?

8. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    That is now a DirecTV owned-and-operated area, since they bought out Connect Television last year.