1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Returning Dish Equipment

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by PhantomOG, Jan 24, 2014.

1. PhantomOG

PhantomOG Legend

Feb 7, 2007
    I cancelled my Dish service and was told I would need to send back the Hopper and Joey and remotes. When I got the return shipping box, it actually lists the node and LNBF (looks like the thing that sits directly opposite of the actual Dish on the roof).

Do I really need to climb up on the roof and retrieve these items??

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Call 800-333-3474 and ask if they want the liability for you climbing on the roof?

3. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Call them and say you can't get to the LNBF. They'll waive it.

4. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    This is one requirement I never understood. I have never heard of an issue with it being waived, but why do they even ask?

5. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Because some people will make the effort to return the equipment. If it has been exposed to the weather it will look like used equipment so I question it's usability.

6. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Ok, I get that some would return it, I just don't know why Dish actually wants it. They might as well ask for the dish itself (minus mounting plate). If someone needs an LNB replaced, do they just send you one in a box for self install unless the customer requests a truck roll?