1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Returning secondary receiver within 1st year.

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Mr. Vega, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Mr. Vega

Mr. Vega Mentor

Jan 30, 2008
    i have 2 leased receivers (722/612), and want to send my lesser used 612 back to dish to save some loot.

i found some old threads from a few years back stating zero equipment changes for first time customers within the first year or service, which is my situation.

my account started Feb of this year.

i am also curious how this might affect my status as a grandfather'd in hdAbsolute customer, as i do not want to lose that especially with the looming price increases.

in addition to the info provided by you guys and gals i intend on doing a "chat" with dish to get their position.

thanks.

2. Zero327

Zero327 Godfather

Oct 10, 2006
    Grandfather agreements are more or less a means to avoid unnecessary whining. They're a courtesy/favor. I wouldn't try to have your cake and eat it too, or you might lose your cake and get none of it.

3. Mr. Vega

Mr. Vega Mentor

Jan 30, 2008
    did a chat w/ Dish, they say i can return the receiver whenever.

what about the retailer? i wouldnt want to screw them out of money if i merely need to hang on to it another few months. i dont mind doing that.

4. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Are we your retailer? You need to contact them not ask us.:)

5. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    As long as you maintain the service overall, you won't hurt the retailer by returning one of the receivers.