1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rewards Visa HD-DVR model #

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by augisdad, Sep 29, 2011.

1. augisdad

augisdad AllStar

Sep 29, 2011
    KC area
    I am just about ready to cash in my points to get an additional HD-DVR offered thru DTv's Reward Visa and have the following questions.
    1. What is the current model that you receive?
    2. How do you connect/activate it once you get it?
    3. Does it require a service call from DTv?
    4. Can it be connected to the same TV as my present H20-100 box?
    5. Can you connect a non-HD TV up to an HD-DVR?
    Thanks

Mark

2. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
    1. HR21 to HR24 (their call)
    2. Call DirecTV
    3. Possibly
    4. Yes
    5. Yes

3. NR4P

NR4P Dad

Jan 15, 2007
    Sunny Florida
    :welcome_s

Not knowing how many points, you might first want to call Directv and see how much they will charge you just to get an HR without the points. Sometimes these are free for asking or another commitment of 2 years or as low as $99.

If you replace a H20, you may also require a service call for the additional tuner cabling.

Also you may cash in points, and get a refurb that is leased. Not owned by you.

Consider the point value and what else you could do with those points.

4. augisdad

augisdad AllStar

Sep 29, 2011
    KC area
    It's 20k points, which I am closing in on pretty fast. Yeah, that is one thing that is a major drawback to my using the points for that, since my original thinking was I'd be getting a NEW unit - not a refurbished one. I will give them a call and see what they say.

Also, I'd like to get service into the other rooms in my house. I currently have 1 bedroom using a D12-700 hooked up to an old 27" Sony (non-hd). House built in 1998 was originally wired for cable to all 3 bedrooms, and I'd like to just be able to use the originally wiring (RG59 I think), and chuck the D12 unit when I get the new HD-DVR. Would it be possible to tie the units together to work off the Living room HDTV, and then split off to the other rooms via the existing wiring? Is that something Directv would do when they came to hook up the new dvr box, or would I have to do that myself? (Or do I need to be looking into the whole home dvr route?)