1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rewind on SyFy

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by Drucifer, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Just watched the two hour pilot. Pretty good. Always liked those time traveling - alternate history scenarios.

Is it going to be a series?

This sums up what I found on it . . .

SOURCE

2. djlong

djlong Hall Of Fame

Jul 8, 2002
    New Hampshire
    Sounds like an "on purpose" and expanded version of Quantum Leap :)

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    And I missed it and don't see it in the guide to show again anytime soon.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

4. IndyMichael

IndyMichael Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jan 25, 2003
    Indiana
    And 7 Days.

5. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Did it air on Syfy, or did you see it through other means?

If it aired on Syfy recently, that's definitely not a good sign for it becoming a series -- if they'd picked up the series, they most likely would have held the pilot to air as the first episode.

The plot does sound intriguing, though.

6. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    SyFy does that all the time. That's how BSG became a series. They decided to try out a mini-series and it did well enough to turn into a full series.

- Merg

7. klang

klang Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2003
    Near...
    But I remember them advertizing BSG quite a bit. First I heard of Rewind was this thread.

8. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    But I remember them advertizing BSG quite a bit. First I heard of Rewind was this thread.

Point taken.

- Merg

9. Drucifer

Drucifer New Member

Feb 12, 2009
    NY Hudson...
    Came across it while I was going thru the Guide prime shows. Rewind more info was rather vague. I figure it was either time traveling show or another reality show.

10. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    Sometimes I can't understand SyFy. They will replay garbage like Sharknado 10 times but something that could be good like this Rewind is one and done :(

11. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    Apparently is was developed as a pilot and was ready to be aired back in January, but was just aired the other day. I'm gonna say that it's not looking good for a series, although from the sound of it, it could be a good one. I hope they replay it.

- Merg

12. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I decided not to record it. My frustration level gets too high when shows get cancelled. I'd have apoplexy if I watched a pilot I thought had really, really good potential but wasn't picked up.

13. danny59

danny59 New Member

Aug 31, 2013
    Chicago
    I enjoyed the show very much, and up until the last 10 minutes the show could have been a two hour movie. Then with the twist at the end my mind went in all kinds of cool directions seeing all the possibilities for upcoming episodes. As soon as it was over I wanted to see more, but then I come to find out that it might not even make it to a regular show, how disappointing. I wish SYFY would have mentioned this before airing the show, or just aired it as a movie and left off the cliff hanger part. Through the years I have seen more good shows get the axe too early than I care to remember, and this one barely made it off the ground. Hopefully, SYFY will see the support from it's viewers and decide to make it a full time show.

14. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Just notice the Rewind is available On Demand on 1244.

15. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    They clearly don't think their viewers are smart. All of their shows that are tailored to smart people get cancelled while the stupid drivel stays. The only exception, right now, is Defiance. I was shocked that it was renewed because it's a "smart" show.

16. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    In SD

17. trainman

trainman Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2008
    Sherman...
    Finally watched this -- I did like it quite a bit, and would definitely have been watching if it had been picked up as a series.

I wouldn't mind having my own what-if simulation program with the ability to create HD images of any scenario that could be entered into it. I can already come up with a few ways of using that for evil...

18. longrider

longrider DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Apr 21, 2007
    Elizabeth, CO
    I finally watched it (in glorious SD) and agree that it would have made a great show. Unfortunately we will never see what it could have become. One thing I did wonder about is how did that military guy at the end know to dress up for cold weather? I thought where the windows opened were random?