1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF Remote and 2 TVs?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by RonH, Feb 16, 2009.

1. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    If you saw my "too cold" post,I learned that I can Control my H20 or HR20 with the DirecTv RF remote. So if I want to use my Receiver in my Kitchen to run my TV in my Hot Tub do I just need to run a Coaxial from the Kitchen receiver to my Hot Tub TV and just manually connect and disconnect the cable as needed for TV signal? Or is there some type of Adapter that I can connect to the Receiver so 2 Coaxial cables "out feeds" can connect to it at one time?

Thanks

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You need to get an RF modulator because the H20 and HR20 do not have an RF out.

Run a set or RCA's to it and than you can run coaxial cable outside.

Than use a second output on the receiver to go to the TV in the kitchen and both TV's can be used at the same time if you want. But whatever you are watching on one you have to watch on the other.

3. doctrsnoop

doctrsnoop Godfather

Nov 20, 2007
    All outputs are active at the same time so no manual connecting and disconnecting needs to be done

4. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007

Thanks for the info. I also have an HR21 does it have RF in/out so I wouldn't need an Antennae or Modulator if I use this receiver?

5. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    No. All of the HR2x's and H2x's would need to use an RF modulator to use coaxial cable.

6. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    Thanks

7. RonH

RonH Godfather

Jul 25, 2007
    I went to Amazon to order a RF modulator and there are several. I sure they all are about the same but I was wondering if anyone using a RF modulator with one of there DirecTv receivers which one they had or which they might recommend

Thanks

8. hiker

hiker Icon

Mar 1, 2006
    The Belkin RF mod works well. Go to froogle.com and find the cheapest.