1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF Remote problems

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Scottzee, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scottzee

Scottzee New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Thanks in advance for any advice...

When I program the remote (that came with my HR20) to RF I experience a huge letdown in reliability with the HR20. Long delays in between pressing a remote button and the system responding, pressing a button twice and having it respond as if I'd hit it five times, etc.

Just me? And if so, do you think it would be a remote issue or an HR20 issue?

Thanks,
    Scott Z.

2. ffmaniac

ffmaniac New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Which remote do you have?

3. Scottzee

Scottzee New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    How do you know (is there a number somewhere)? It came in the box with the HR20...

4. ATARI

ATARI Hall Of Fame

May 10, 2007
  5. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Look at the upper left on the remote RC-??
    What model HR-20? -700 or -100?

6. qubit

qubit Legend

Mar 17, 2006
    I have RC34 and RC32 and both worked perfectly with my HR20-700 but when I got the HR20-100 I've seeing performance like you described. So I don't think it is a remote problem but rather some sort of receiver problem.

7. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    The RC-32 isn't RF capable.

8. Scottzee

Scottzee New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    It's an RC34. I'm at work and didn't think to check what HR20 version I have.
    What's strange about this is that it doesn't seem to be a problem of the remote signal reaching the receiver. I push a button on the remote and the receiver light flickers instantly like it got the signal. But then the receiver takes a long time to respond, and freezes. Or the worst, I will push a button twice (like FFx2) and the receiver will FFx4. I went back to IR and the receiver works fine.

9. veryoldschool

Dec 9, 2006
    Others have the same problem. I use RF without the problem.
    There is some test software out that is looking into improving the remote.
    Best I can say is to try it after the next software update and see if it works better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.