1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RF remote question

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by OKCubsFan, Oct 13, 2008.

1. OKCubsFan

OKCubsFan New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    I currently have 1 622 feeding a tv in my living room and my bedroom. I would like to add another 622 or 722 to feed two more tv's. However, I would like the tv1 output to feed video via hdmi to a television in a different room than where the new box would be installed, and then split the tv2 signal to feed the tv in the room the box would be installed and a tv in my kids' room. That may be a little confusing, but here's my question: Can I have two RF remotes controlling the same box at the same time, 1 to control tv1 and the other to control tv2? Would I need to purchase another remote, or can both remotes that come with the receiver run in RF mode? Let me know if I didn't explain the setup very well.

2. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Yes you can use UHF for both tv1 and tv2 on the 722. You would need to purchase a 6.3 IR/UHF pro remote for tv1 to use it in UHF Pro mode. You'll want the green chip with the black "1" on it (you'll see what I mean if/when you get the remote).

3. OKCubsFan

OKCubsFan New Member

Sep 23, 2008
    Awesome! That's just the answer I was looking for.

4. puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo Hall Of Fame

Sep 2, 2007
    Welcome. Once you have everything, if you have any trouble with setting things up, let me know.