1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

RG6 Connectors......

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by chefwong, Sep 11, 2011.

1. chefwong

chefwong Legend

Jan 25, 2008
    Fella's. I know some of you guys are real gurus here.

Any major cons with the T&B SNS connectors...

I'm currently use EX6XL with the PPC tooling ....
    In my *old stash* I still have plenty of T&B SNS QS connector - which I still have a cableprep tool somewhere as well.

Care to shed some light. Is the EX6XL a far Superior connector.

Just doing some cleanup and came across my stash of SNS connectors..

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    check with your supervisor - QC is the rule

3. leeliam

leeliam Mentor

Aug 2, 2010
    No real harm in using them, approved cable is more of an issue then a connector not being up to code. As long as the connector is water tight and snug you will rarely have problem. However if you are doing installs, ask the QC lead in your office or you'll probably end up getting FSRs to go back and swap out connectors.

4. chefwong

chefwong Legend

Jan 25, 2008
    Not a installer at home....
    Just a regular homeowner with various hobbys....av, being one of them

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    then any will works - just check it by yourself

6. ndole

ndole Problem Solver

Aug 26, 2009
    So long as they're compression connectors they're fine. If they're outside they need weather boots, and drip loops so that the coax runs down and away from the fitting, guiding moisture to do the same.