1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Right Angle Compression Connectors

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by chefwong, Jan 14, 2014.

1. chefwong

chefwong Legend

Jan 25, 2008
    Anyone know if the VT200 will be able to compres the right angle compression Connectors.
    Or will I need special tooling.

Way down in my bucket, I also have a Cable Pro compression tool as well.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    No, the VT200 can't compress right angle connectors

3. chefwong

chefwong Legend

Jan 25, 2008
    Got a recommendation for one that does it all....might as well get one that does that and bnc

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I doubt it as the requirements are different

5. chefwong

chefwong Legend

Jan 25, 2008
    A brief research - without doing more

Ideal has one and it's made in the USA !
    ICM has one but you need to change tips out

I need to verify if the Cable Pro will do it. Tool looks big and klunky though.

6. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Why do you want to use right angle connectors instead of using a regular connector and a right angle adapter? That way if the cable needs to be relocated where the right angle was no longer needed (or problematic) you just remove the adapter and you're good to go.

7. chefwong

chefwong Legend

Jan 25, 2008
    I prefer single connections versus 2...