1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Right Angle F type adapters, any good ones?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by rahlquist, May 24, 2013.

1. rahlquist

rahlquist Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2007
    A while back I was told that I should avoid Right Angle F type adapters because of the loss incurred with every connection made. That said I have 3 locations where the standard straight through connection puts the wall plate under a great deal of strain and in one case even caused a failure twice. Are there any usable right angle adapters out there? Any that someone has used?

Thanks!

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
  3. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    I have a few from summitsource.com (part COS106) that I've used for various things. Works fine for satellite and OTA signals. Works fine on my 24v power block between it and the cable connecting to the DC/PWR port on my SWM-16s, so I know they can carry voltage too. The insertion loss is well under a db - much better than the loss you'd have from coax that's been bent much too tightly or a wall connector under enough stress that its breaking.

If you want avoid jimmie57's concern about "2 places to come loose instead of one", I've seen right angle RG6 compression connectors. Perhaps there are even some angled connectors you can get for your wall plate if you hunt around enough.

4. texasbrit

texasbrit DIRECTV A-Team

Aug 9, 2006
    I have several bought from Lowes and Home Depot that work just fine. The insertion loss is trivial.

5. Jim1023

Jim1023 New Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Southern...
    Right angle compression connectors are available from IDC and Belden.

Some examples:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190652169496?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380599854093?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Both are good for wiring MDU equipment in confined spaces. The Beldens are available for about half the eBay prices if you buy in quantities of 50 or more.

6. carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I use some inexpensive right angle elbows, and have never had a problem with satellite signals. I do try to avoid using them when I can, but there are a few places where it is almost a necessity.