1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Rocky 3 Remote

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by trh, Apr 1, 2013.

1. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    The new Roku 3 has a headphone jack built into the remote. Just plug in a set of headphones into the remote and the TV speakers are muted.

I'd love it if my DirecTV remotes had that feature. Are there any universal remotes that have this feature?

2. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    I was expecting Clubber Lang in this thread.

3. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Sorry. Didn't notice that auto correct changed the subject of the threat. :)

I think having this ability is "brilliant" and it looks like from this picture, you can plug in two headphones.

[​IMG]

4. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Since a lot of mobile phones and tablets have the ability to act as remotes these days, it should be unnecessary. An added advantage is they probably also have Bluetooth, so you don't even need the jack.

5. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    So what App do I need for my iPad, iPhone or Android that can control my DirecTV box, allow me to listen to the TV and mute the TV when I plug in a set of ear buds into the phone/tablet?

6. RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

Jan 23, 2008
    Nope, just the one pair. Coworker just got his last night.

7. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    Seek and ye shall find.

8. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    And which one of those allows me to plug in a headset so I can listen to the TV?

9. 4HiMarks

4HiMarks Hall Of Fame

Jan 21, 2004
    Laurel, MD
    All smart phones and tablets have headphone jacks AFAIK.