1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Roku LT

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by dgsiiinc, Nov 30, 2011.

1. dgsiiinc

dgsiiinc AllStar

Jan 25, 2007
    Roku LT seems like an ideal Christmas gift for a few people on my list this year. Before I invest in a few units, I was hoping to learn more about it. I'm also wondering about my odds of actually getting some-- are these things available in the wild, or is it an allocation situation? The Cnet review is nice, but I'd love to get some personal experience on the subject.

2. David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jul 12, 2005
    Traveling...
    The LT is a nice little box, and that is about it, a little box that does just what it needs to do to be a good little streamer. If you are looking to support 1080P down the road, when more content is available, then you really would want to go with one of the other units such as the XD. Amazon has the LT ready to ship...CLICK HERE .

3. dualsub20061367066128

dualsub20061367066128 New Member

Jun 12, 2011
    I don't have one myself, but I've used it. It's a great little box and anyone that knows what streaming is will love it. Even if it is purple.

The 720p limit is a real concern for the future, but at $50 could be replaced in the future without feeling like you got fleeced.

4. mhking

mhking Legend

Oct 27, 2002
    Atlanta
    I'm looking at the LT to supplement my DirecTV subscription; though the limit is at 720p, I'm pretty sure that's enough to work with for now. Is the amount of content worth the set up? The other question -- my HDTV set has a single HDMI input, which has been taken up with my DirecTV box. I've got open composite inputs on the back -- is there a problem with getting an HDMI-to-Composite cable to use with this?

5. march2133

march2133 New Member

Mar 11, 2013
    MOI box is a dual DVB-S2 TV tuner and dual CI slot Linux server for streaming satellite TV channels to the following client end devices within your wired or wireless home network: HDTV, PC,tablet computers,smartphones,iPhone,iPad,iPod and Sony Playstation 3.
    More here