1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Roku on the Olympics

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by fortnerw, Jul 26, 2012.

1. fortnerw

fortnerw Mentor

May 6, 2006
    Was wondering if anyone has heard of any special channels on roku for the oylmpics? Also if anyone likes good Southern Gospel Music a new channel PEBN just started recently. Thanks for any info

JerryF

2. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Just guessing a bit here, but I think NBC will pretty much control when, what and how you can see the 2012 games in the US. They will stream a lot of stuff live on their web site, however the advertisers paid a lot of money for the broadcasts so I doubt there will be a lot of the more 'popular' games and matches there.

It's all about the money for these games, and NBC spent a lot for them. I doubt they will let much go for free (without ads).....